Covid-19 Best Practice Statement
We are following government guidelines and have been actively following industry best practice including the B&B Association as they develop their strategies, so the following guidelines may continue to be adjusted as guidance is updated. We have a full Covid-19 Risk Assessment in place which is available to view.
We will share as much information as possible to provide assurance and transparency during your stay with us. Our aim is still to provide a relaxing and restorative experience with a ‘home from home’ feel to make your stay as pleasurable as possible.
Our usual high cleaning standards have been updated to include a new risk base approach. In addition, we have purchased UVC sanitising cleaning lights in order to ensure guest rooms and all public areas are maintained to the highest standard.
- To facilitate sanitising, soft furnishings such as cushions and throws will be removed from the rooms
- Information usually contained in your room folder will now be sent to you via email prior to arrival
- Rooms will not be serviced during your stay (apart from linen changes for longer stays)
- We will continue to offer amenities (tea/coffee etc) in your room, but in a different format. You will be asked for your amenity preferences on arrival.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance to the B&B and in common areas
- Our bed linen is commercially laundered and washed at a minimum of 60C
- Table settings will be sanitised every day
- We have changed our casual dining experience to ensure social distancing. Our communal breakfast table is still in place and large enough to accommodate up to 4 persons with a minimum of 1 metre distancing. In addition, we have placed a small table for 2 in our Snug.
- We have a large garden and have provided seating to ensure guests are more than adequately socially distanced. Guests may wish to breakfast in the garden if weather permits.
- In order to manage potential pinch points, we are asking guests to state expected arrival times, and may ask you to amend it slightly if we have other guests arriving at the same time.
For many of you breakfast is the highlight of your stay at Lewesdon and we intend to ensure that we maintain our relaxed leisurely style. We will take all necessary measures to deliver minimum contact, ensure hygiene standards and social distancing without losing this atmosphere.
- Breakfast service will be offered with no buffet service, but all options will be offered on the menu.
- We will split breakfast into 3 individual time slots (8:00/8:30/9:00) so that we can ensure that social distancing is maintained (we will also offer breakfast in the garden, subject to the weather).
- There will continue to be menus at the table. Each guest will have their own menu which they will use for the duration of their stay after which it will be disposed of appropriately.
- To help with sanitisation, we will continue to use our lovely linen table cloths and napkins but napkins will be changed every day and table cloths changed at the end of each guest’s stay or beforehand if they are dirty.
- At the moment most food establishments are operating with restricted capacity and operating hours so bookings may be difficult to come by. So, we will ensure there is cutlery etc available in the Breakfast room and Snug for you to sit and eat takeaways (which are already widely available in Lyme) should you wish, just let us know.
Check in and Departure process
- On arrival you will be asked to check in using your NHS Covid-19 App and our unique Govt QR Code displayed in our Entrance Hall
- We will continue to offer you a welcome tea/coffee on check in, managing arrival times to ensure social distancing is maintained
- Paying the balance of your bill can be done by:
- Direct payment into our PayPal account (click this link me/LewesdonBB)
- By credit/debit card using our chip and pin machine (the machine is sanitised after each use)
- By BACs direct into our bank account (details provided on arrival)
- We are no longer accepting cash payments
It is essential that you do not travel if you are unwell or demonstrating any coronavirus symptoms (fever, dry cough, loss of smell etc)
- Please let us know if you are worried about your symptoms ahead of your stay and we will move your booking to a future date to suit you.
- If you develop symptoms during your stay, please inform us immediately. We will then ask you to head home to self-isolate and seek a test.
- We will check our own temperatures on a daily basis. We do not employ any additional staff.
- We do ask you to download the NHS Covid-19 Test and Trace app that is now operational before your arrival.
- If Govt regulations change or there is a local lockdown or you are quarantined for any reason and therefore can’t come for your stay with us, then we will try and reschedule your booking for later in the 2021 season.
We look forward to welcoming you to Lewesdon and if you have any questions before arriving, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Booking, Cancellation and Other Information
Bookings : your booking must be for a minimum of 2 nights (3 nights if over a Bank Holiday).
One night bookings are only available by prior agreement with the owners. Rates may vary. Please enquire for details via email to email@example.com or call 01297 792469.
Bookings for one night stays made via our website will not be accepted.
Payment : you will have the option to pay the full cost of your stay or a 50% deposit at the time of booking via our website. You will receive a confirmation email immediately after booking. ‘Walk-in’ bookings will need to be paid in full by credit/debit card or PayPal. We are unable to accept cheques or travellers cheques.
Cancellation : if you need to cancel your booking we will require a minimum of 14 days’ notice in writing prior to your first night’s stay. You will then receive a full refund of your payment, alternatively the booking can be moved to another date. However, if the cancellation is made more than 180 days after the original booking, an administration charge of 10% of the full refund will become payable.
If you cancel your booking less than 14 days prior to your first night’s stay, we regret 100% of the total cost of your stay will become payable. However, if we are able to relet your accommodation, we will be happy to refund any proportion of the full cost received from the new booking less a £20 administration charge. This is not applicable to bookings made via OTAs such as Booking.com and Expedia.
Accidents & Damages : please let us know immediately of any damage or spillage so that we can attempt a speedy repair or clean. Spillages are more easily rectified if dealt with quickly. Any significant breakage or damage may result in a charge for replacement, repair or specialist cleaning. If the damage means the room/facility cannot be rectified prior to the arrival of new guests, you may also be liable for loss of income.
Keys : loss of keys will incur a £30 replacement fee.
Disabled Access : we regret we have no wheelchair access or disable facilities and all bedrooms are on the first floor accessed via stairs.
Children : regrettably we are unable to accommodate children. There are no baby facilities or family rooms.
Parking : ample free onsite parking is available. All vehicles are parked at owner’s risk.
Pets : we are unable to accept any pets.
NO SMOKING IS PERMITTED IN THE PROPERTY.