Covid-19 Best Practice Statement
We continue to adhere to any Government guidelines and actively follow industry best practice including Visit England and the B&B Association. We have a full Covid-19 Risk Assessment in place which is available to view.
Our aim is still to provide a relaxing and restorative experience with a ‘home from home’ feel to make your stay as pleasurable as possible.
Our usual high cleaning standards have been updated to include a new risk base approach. In addition, we have purchased UVC sanitising cleaning lamps in order to ensure guest rooms and all public areas are maintained to the highest standard.
- We will ask you on arrival if you wish your room to be serviced during your stay
- Hand sanitiser will be available at the entrance to the B&B and in common areas
- Our bed linen is commercially laundered and washed at a minimum of 60C
- Table settings will be sanitised every day
- Our communal breakfast table is still in place and large enough to accommodate up to 4 persons with a minimum of 1 metre distancing. In addition, we still have a small table for 2 persons in our Snug.
- In order to manage potential pinch points, we are asking guests to state expected arrival times, and may ask you to amend it slightly if we have other guests arriving at the same time.
For many of you breakfast is the highlight of your stay at Lewesdon and we continue to ensure that we maintain our relaxed leisurely style. We take all necessary measures to deliver minimum contact and ensure hygiene standards without losing this atmosphere.
- Breakfast service will be offered with partial buffet service, but all options will still be offered on the menu.
- Breakfast will be served between 8:00 and 9:00 both in the main dining room and the Snug.
- There will be menus at the table. Each guest will have their own menu which they will use for the duration of their stay after which it will be disposed of appropriately.
- To help with sanitisation, we will continue to use our linen table cloths and napkins but napkins will be changed every day and table cloths changed at the end of each guest’s stay or beforehand if they are dirty.
Paying the balance of your bill can be done by:
- Direct payment into our PayPal account (click this link me/LewesdonBB)
- By credit/debit card using our chip and pin machine (the machine is sanitised after each use)
- By BACs direct into our bank account (details provided on arrival)
- We are no longer accepting cash payments
It is essential that you do not travel to us if you are unwell or demonstrating any coronavirus symptoms
- Please let us know if you are worried about your symptoms ahead of your stay and we will move your booking to a future date to suit you
- If you develop symptoms during your stay, please inform us immediately. We will then ask you to head home to self-isolate and seek a test
- If Government regulations change or there is a local lockdown or you are quarantined for any reason and therefore can’t come for your stay with us, then we will try and reschedule your booking for later in the 2022 season
We look forward to welcoming you to Lewesdon and if you have any questions before arriving, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Booking, Cancellation and Other Information
Bookings : your booking must be for a minimum of 2 nights (3 nights if over a Bank Holiday, 4 nights over the Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday).
One night bookings are only available by prior agreement with the owners. Rates may vary. Please enquire for details via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01297 792469.
Bookings for one night stays made via our website will not be accepted.
Payment : you will have the option to pay the full cost of your stay or a 50% deposit at the time of booking via our website. You will receive a confirmation email immediately after booking. ‘Walk-in’ bookings will need to be paid in full by credit/debit card or PayPal. We are unable to accept cash, cheques or travellers cheques.
Cancellation : if you need to cancel your booking we will require a minimum of 14 days’ notice in writing prior to your first night’s stay. You will then receive a full refund of your payment, alternatively the booking can be moved to another date. However, if the cancellation is made more than 180 days after the original booking, an administration charge of 10% of the full refund will become payable.
If you cancel your booking less than 14 days prior to your first night’s stay, we regret 100% of the total cost of your stay will become payable. However, if we are able to relet your accommodation, we will be happy to refund any proportion of the full cost received from the new booking less a £20 administration charge. This is not applicable to bookings made via OTAs such as Booking.com and Expedia Group.
Accidents & Damages : please let us know immediately of any damage or spillage so that we can attempt a speedy repair or clean. Spillages are more easily rectified if dealt with quickly. Any significant breakage or damage may result in a charge for replacement, repair or specialist cleaning. If the damage means the room/facility cannot be rectified prior to the arrival of new guests, you may also be liable for loss of income.
Keys : loss of keys will incur a £30 replacement fee.
Disabled Access : we regret we have no wheelchair access or disabled facilities and all bedrooms are on the first floor accessed via stairs.
Children : regrettably we are unable to accommodate children under 18 years old. There are no baby facilities or family rooms.
Parking : ample free onsite parking is available. All vehicles are parked at owner’s risk.
Pets : we are unable to accept any pets.
NO SMOKING IS PERMITTED IN THE PROPERTY.